Friday, July 20, 2012

Girly on navy blue card (SS216, MEfY july3, SOS60)






For this card I used part of my first sheet taken from a 12x12, 48 page elegant paper pad, that I've probably had for at least a year already. (The blue paper is regular cardstock but it has a crosshatch grain on the outside.)
I've also used my stitched dazzles for the first time (some of the first dazzles I've ever used), which I"ve been avoiding partly because they're so pretty and bec. I was intimidated by the idea of sewing. Unfortunately, my fear was validated, as you can see if you look at the surrounding dots on the two large flowers, which were done with gold puff paint (no need for stickles!) after quite a few French knots got too knotty. I also have a little flower, with a single (actually two or more by now!) hole where the french knot tried to go many times. Hopefully, I'll find it (feel free to say a prayer for my puny cleanup abilities in my massive mess :), it's appreciated ), add a gold puff paint dot to its center and place it on the inside of the card.
The four hearts in the center of the card inside are not yet glued down, I will save them and glue them down to center them around a sentiment when I have one to go with the as-yet undecided cover sentiment, .
This is  officially supposed to be three colors. I count the blue as one, the pink and purple of the shimmery paper as two and three and the gold as a neutral.  If you prefer, the colors can be blue, pink and gold :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love this colour combo! Thanks for playing along at MEFY!

jimlynn said...

I think it's GREAT! Love the way you did the stitching on here and the french knots - and I would have never thought to use puff paint instead of stickles. Thanks for that inspiration!
And, thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash too!
Lynn

Alica said...

Lovely colors and details too!
Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)