Saturday, October 27, 2012

Birthday Card- Even Better!




 
A few weeks ago I made a card for my sister Brocha and I was pleasantly surprised when it came out exactly as I wanted it to. This one was an even bigger surprise as it's even prettier than I thought it would be! Woohoo!
It's interesting how I planned on using certain items and techniques and as I was working on the card other ideas came to me or just made sense and really enhanced the card. Also, although you cant really tell from the picture, i diluted a tiny bit of shimmerz with water and then sprayed it on the central flower for a subtle sparkly effect.
 
http://stampotiquedesignerschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/10/sdc70-backgrounds.html
http://stampingscrappingchallengecentral.blogspot.com/ embossing powder & ranger heat gun
http://houseofgilli.blogspot.com/2012/10/challenge-44-emboss-it.html


5 comments:

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

Basement Stamper said...

great use of the sentiments to create your background. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Allison Cope said...

What a beautiful birthday card Miriam! I love the colours you chose and that fabulous big bloom in the center. Thanks for playing along with us this week for our Flourishes' "Timeless Tuesday" challenge!

Sam & Poppy said...

This is lovely, thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :o)

Gez Butterworth said...

Great card. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers challenge. Gez