Sunday, August 12, 2012

OYG birthday



I love the challenges that inspired this creation but I'm not sure about the card. I may dismember it and keep the elements I like :/. Im also not sure what to put in the card's balloon knot- i have no thread or floss in any of these colors bec. these are my three least favorite colors! I can't wear these colors so theyre not in my wardrobe and I'm only slowly starting to realize how much fun they are in crafts. I guess it's on the endless wish-list!

http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/08/simon-says-lets-play-bingo.html glitter/free/diecut
http://iheart2stamp.com/2012/08/04/august-sketch-for-you-to-try-2/
http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/2012/08/challenge-17-shape-it-up.html
http://cropstop.blogspot.com/2012/08/challenge-84-fruitalicious.html I love that we were given a visual clue to the meaning of fruitalicious and I love the rows of oranges, limes and lemons!
http://scrapbookersparadise.blogspot.com/2012/08/playing-in-paradise-79.html

7 comments:

Heather said...

It's a lovely card, your combination of colours are fabulous and I love all your details.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining the
Simon Says Stamp challenge

Vicki said...

Great card! Love the colors and creative design. Tie some twine or string around the knot. How about, "Forget your birthday? KNOT!" Thanks for joining our CropStop Fruitalicious challenge.

fairyrocks said...

I love that you jumped right into this even though it would not be your first pick. Sweet card work, I love the way it looks so whimsical and floaty. You could always use the entire piece on a layout {I am not a card girl}
thank You for playing in paradise with us this week.

Notes by Nina said...

What a creative card, love the elements. Thank you for Playing in Paradise with us.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Miriam, I love the shape and the colours are so lovely and Summery.
It would be a shame to "dismember" it Miriam after your hard work just because you don't like the balloon knot, maybe try wrapping some of the Happy Birthday ribbon, some glitter or strips of the paper criss crossed.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Jessi Fogan said...

Hi Miriam! I love the balloon shape! isn't it funny how different our taste can be, between clothes & crafts? I don't favour pink at all, but craft with it all the time. Go figure!
Thanks so much for playing in Paradise with us again :)

Michelle Pearson said...

fun shaped card! Thanks for entering the CropStop Fruity challenge! :)