Tuesday, August 28, 2012
The Actual Hair Pieces!
Liba's hairpiece came ready-made, as part of the bonus pack that came with the alligator clips (from
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DoodlebugAccessories). I just added the pink puff paint dots and the glitter highlight.
You know how sometimes you go through an entire store or a gazillion websites and finally just order the first thing you saw? Thank G-d this didn't happen here! I looked a lot but as soon as I saw these flowers I knew they were perfect for my sis-in-law and her girls. And it was cheap! http://www.etsy.com/shop/gigglesnbowz Liba's flower is waiting for the headband her mother will buy for it. (Sorry the pictures are sideways. My computer isn't feeling well and/or blogspot is having troubles and just posting these pictures took forever!)
One of these pins is a gift for my oldest sis and the other is for me, for the wedding. I realized I could either pay someone $20 for a hairpiece or have fun doing it myself, make it custom for me and my dress and keep the supplies for other projects (I feel an addiction coming on!) The main part of my dress is the solid purple material, made from a few David's Bridal $1 fabric sample cards, and the sequin material was added on (yes, I paid someone to do arts and crafts on my dress :). Long story but I think I'm happier, and prob. broker, this way, thank G-d.)
Anyway, I bet you're all glad the wedding is almost here! I'll prob. post a few post-wedding, final-product pics but we almost made it! And then we can move on to my cousin's wedding and other such fun events! As long as it's for happy occasions!
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/2012/08/challenge-54-purple-pizazz-and-ribbon.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just lovely as can be! Thank you for playing in our purple challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon! Hope to see you again~!
Beautiful hair accessories! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.
Post a Comment